Schedule of Fees Download

Bureau of Immigration Travel Advisories

Who is allowed to enter the Philippines?

Following are the foreign nationals currently allowed to travel to the Philippines:

Category Entry Requirement
Diplomats and members of International Organizations, and their dependents Valid 9(e) visa
Valid 47a2 visa (issued to those performing diplomatic functions)
Filipino dual citizens Any of the following:
  • Valid Philippine Passport
  • Identification Certificate
  • Certificate of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
Foreign nationals with existing valid seafarer or long-term visas at the time of entry Valid 9(c) visa
Valid long-term visa (e.g. 13a Immigrant visa, SRRV special Resident Retiree's visa)

*SRRV holders are advised to coordinate directly with the Bureau of Immigration for queries/concerns on their entry to the Philippines.

Foreign nationals who are allowed entry under the Balikbayan program, provided that they are citizens of non-visa required countries under EO 408:

  1. Former Filipino citizens, together with their foreign spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them; and
  2. Filipino citizens' spouses and children, regardless of age, who are travelling with them

For former Filipino citizens: proof of former Philippine citizenship, such as Philippine passport and/or PSA-issued birth certificate

For spouses and children: proof of filiation with Philippine citizen, such as marriage certificate or birth certificate showing the Philippine citizen as the parent.

The following foreign citizens who are NOT travelling with the principal Philippine national, but are joining the Philippine national in the Philippines:

  1. Foreign spouses of Philippine citizens;
  2. Foreign minor children, and foreign children with special needs regardless of age, of Philippine citizens; and
  3. Foreign parents of minor Filipino children or of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age

Valid 9(a) visa

Authenticated documentary proof of relationship to principal Philippine national

Note: All foreign spouse/s, children, and parent/s already in possession of 9(a) visas issued on 31 July 2021 or earlier, who are NOT travelling with the principal Philippine national, will be required to present a valid DFA entry exemption at the time of arrival into the Philippines.

Starting August 1, 2021: All foreign spouse/s, children, and parent/s already in possession of 9(a) visas issued on 1 August 2021 onwards, who are NOT travelling with the principal Philippine national will no longer be required to present a valid DFA entry exemption at the time of arrival into the Philippines. The 9(a) visa issued from 1 August 2021 onwards must have annotation stating that an EED is not required.

Passengers, who have merely transited through the travel-restricted countries, shall not be deemed as having come from or having been to such country provided that they stayed in the airport the whole time, were not cleared for entry into those countries by their immigration authorities, and were authorized to enter the Philippines.

I am one of those allowed to enter the Philippines, based on the table above. How do I apply for a Philippine Visa?

You need to mail the complete requirements to the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) in Calgary:

Suite 100 1001 1st St. SE
Calgary, AB, Canada T2G 5G3

Visa Requirements

9(A) Visa for Temporary Visitors (Pleasure)

  • Applicant’s passport, with at least one blank page, and valid for at least six months beyond the intended length of stay in the Philippines (for minor applicants, the parent/s or legal guardian may submit the application on behalf of the minor)
  • Photocopy of applicant’s passport data page
  • accomplished Non-Immigrant Visa Application Form ( FA Form no. 2), with passport-size photo of the applicant taken within the last six months (Note: The form must be notarized by a local notary public. Visa application of minors must be signed by the parent. Please write down at the bottom of the form your correct email address or cell no. where the PCG can reach you.)
  • Original and photocopy of proof of permanent residency in Canada (i.e. permanent resident card, work permit card, etc), for non-Canadian passport holders
  • Original and photocopy of proof of financial income or support(i.e. bank statement, employment certificate, payroll slip, proof of pension, international credit card)
  • Flight itinerary or round-trip ticket
  • Proof of relationship to a Filipino citizen (e.g. authenticated marriage certificate or birth Certificate)
  • Copy of Filipino spouse’s/child’s Philippine passport
  • Visa fee: CAD 43.50 – Include in the mail a bank draft (personal cheques are not accepted) payable to the “PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL” (no abbreviation and wrong spelling) and indicating the exact amount.
  • Proof that the Filipino spouse, parent/s, and/or child/children of the applicant is/are currently in the Philippines:
    • School enrollment records of Filipino child / children in the Philippines;
    • Philippine immigration arrival stamps on their passports; and
    • Notarized affidavits or certifications signed by local government officials where the Filipino spouse and/or minor child reside, attesting that they are indeed in their place of residence in the Philippines.
  • Unused, self-stamped, self-addressed return envelope, preferably with tracking features (e.g… Xpresspost envelope) to be used in mailing the applicant’s passport.

For minors accompanied by one (1) parent only

  • Please submit a notarized letter of consent from the other parent or a court order stating that only one parent has legal custody of the minor.

For minors below 15 years of age traveling without a parent to the Philippines

  • An additional Waiver of Exclusion Grounds (WEG) from the Commissioner of Immigration in the Philippines will be required (form available with the Consulate General), which must be notarized, for a fee of $36.25.

The following documents shall be submitted, along with the WEG, to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration at the port of entry:

  • Affidavit of Request and Consent (form available with the Consulate General) by both parents or legally appointed guardian of the child naming therein the person who will be accompanying the child to the Philippines and with whom the child will reside in the country, to be notarized for a fee of $36.25
  • Original birth certificate of the child
  • Photocopy of the data page of the child’s passport
  • Original and photocopy of the guardian’s passport
  • WEG fees to be paid directly to the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival of the minor children at the port of entry

Please note that the visa issued is not a guarantee that the holder will be automatically admitted to the country. The admission of foreign nationals into the Philippines is a function of the immigration authorities at the port of entry.

The validity of the visa indicates the dates during which the visa holder may legally enter the Philippines. It is not equivalent to the period of stay in the Philippines. To extend beyond the authorized period of stay, the foreign national will have to apply with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration. Information on securing an extension of stay and the corresponding fees are available at

Important Information

  • Complete applications must be mailed to the PCG. Personal filing of visa applications is not accepted, but non-Canadians may be required to appear in person.
  • Visa processing/issuance for COMPLETE applications takes at least seven (7) working days, counted from the working day after receipt of the application from the mail. Fees and processing time may vary for non-Canadian passport holders.
  • Applicants are advised to wait for their visa before finalizing flight details.
  • The PCG is not liable for any delays or loss of documents in the mail, which is a service provided by third parties and not by the PCG.
  • The PCG is only authorized to issue SINGLE ENTRY 9(a) VISAS valid for 3 months for a stay of 59 days in the Philippines. No other type of visa as well as multiple entry visa will be issued at this time.
  • The list of DOH-accredited hotel quarantine facilities may be found here:
  • For those using PAL for travel to the Philippines, please refer to PAL’s guide on arrival procedures for non-OFWs / foreign nationals by clicking HERE.