Visa for Temporary Visitors (Pleasure)
9(A) Visa for Temporary Visitors (Pleasure)
All Temporary Visitor Visa 9(a) applications will now be processed via the Department of Foreign Affairs Online Visa Application System (OVAS). All visa applicants must lodge their application through this link: https://www.visa.gov.ph
Only the following foreign nationals may apply for a 9(a) Temporary Visitors Visa:
- Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals;
- Foreign parents of minor Filipinos and of Filipino children with special needs;
- Foreign minor children and foreign children with special needs of Filipino citizens; and
- Foreign nationals traveling for tourism purposes.
- Filipino citizens can travel to the Philippines so long as they are able to provide proof of their Philippine citizenship (e.g., valid Philippine passport, Identification Certificate as a Filipino citizen under RA 9225).
- Former Filipino citizens with Balikbayan privilege under RA 9174 can travel to the Philippines without visa so long as they have proof of their former Philippine citizenship (e.g., old Philippine passport, birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority).
- The immediate family members (spouse and children) of the Filipino citizen or Balikbayan (former Filipino citizen), who are nationals of countries falling under EO 408, and are traveling together with the Filipino citizen or Balikbayan can also travel to the Philippines, without visa, so long as they have proof of filiation (e.g., marriage certificate, birth certificate).
Applicants who go through OVAS will receive a confirmation email with an Applicant Reference Number (ARN). Applicants must forward this email to the Visa Section of the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) in Calgary using this email address: email@example.com.
Please note that a visa application submitted through OVAS and the receipt of an ARN do not constitute an approved visa application.
Applicants will then be advised to mail their complete applications to PCG Calgary at the following address:
Philippine Consulate General in Calgary
Suite 100, 1001 1st ST SE, Calgary, AB T2G 5G3
A visa application received by mail that is not lodged through OVAS will be considered rejected and will be returned to the sender. Personal filing of visa applications is not accepted, but applicants may be required to appear in person.
- Visa processing/issuance for COMPLETE applications takes at least seven (7) working days, counted from the working day after receipt of the mailed application.
- The fee for a single entry 9(a) visa is CAD 43.50 for non-visa required individuals and CAD 58.00 for visa required individuals. Please include in the mailed application a bank draft (personal cheques are not accepted) payable to the “PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL” (no abbreviation and incorrect spelling) and indicating the exact amount. Fees and processing time may vary for non-Canadian passport holders.
- Applicants are advised to wait for their visas before they finalize their flight details.
- The PCG is not liable for any delays or loss of documents in the mail, which is a service provided by third parties and not by the PCG.
- The PCG is only authorized to issue SINGLE ENTRY 9(a) VISAS valid for 3 months for a stay of 59 days in the Philippines. No other type of visa and no multiple entry visa will be issued at this time.
- For those using PAL for travel to the Philippines, please refer to PAL’s guide on arrival procedures for non-OFWs / foreign nationals by clicking HERE**.**
- Only single-entry visa applications will be considered. Multiple entry visa applications will automatically be rejected.
- Applications lodged through OVAS must still include supporting documents, which are to be submitted via mail / courier to the PCG. The list of supporting documents can be found below:
- Applicant’s passport, with at least one blank page, and valid for at least six months beyond the intended length of stay in the Philippines (for minor applicants, the parent/s or legal guardian may submit the application on behalf of the minor)
- Photocopy of applicant’s passport data page
- Accomplished / printed Non-Immigrant Visa Application Form downloaded from the www.visa.gov.ph] website (FA Form no. 2), with passport-size photo of the applicant taken within the last six months (Note: The form must be notarized by a local notary public. Visa applications of minors must be signed by the parent, or, if traveling with only one parent, please submit a notarized letter of consent from the other parent or a court order stating that only one parent has legal custody of the minor.)
- Please write down at the bottom of the form your correct email address or cell no. where the PCG can reach you.)
- Original and photocopy of proof of permanent residency in Canada (i.e., permanent resident card, work permit card, etc), for non-Canadian passport holders
- Original and photocopy of proof of financial income or support (i.e., bank statement, employment certificate, payroll slip, proof of pension, international credit card)
- Flight itinerary or round-trip ticket
- Proof of relationship to a Filipino citizen (e.g., authenticated marriage certificate or birth Certificate)
- Copy of Filipino spouse’s/child’s Philippine passport
- Visa fee: CAD 43.50 (\_for non-visa required individuals) and CAD 58.00 (for visa required individuals )\_a bank draft (personal cheques are not accepted) payable to the “PHILIPPINE CONSULATE GENERAL” (no abbreviation and incorrect spelling) and indicating the exact amount. Fees and processing time may vary for non-Canadian passport holders.
- Proof that the Filipino spouse, parent/s, and/or child/children of the applicant is/are currently in the Philippines:
- School enrollment records of Filipino child / children in the Philippines;
- Philippine immigration arrival stamps on their passports; and
- Notarized affidavits or certifications signed by local government officials where the Filipino spouse and/or minor child reside, attesting that they are indeed in their place of residence in the Philippines.